Katschberg: the snow-sure ski area
Skiing under the motto "more ski at the Katschi"
Snap your skis on, ready, and off you go… Discover the joy of winter in the Katschberg ski area, the family and recreational ski area on the Katschberghöhe between Carinthia and Salzburger Land. And best of all, the Alpenhaus Katschberg.1640 is right next to the Tschaneck piste, so it’s just straight out of the door into your skiing pleasure.
Top class: World-leading ski resort with up to 80 km of slopes
The internationally renowned ski testing website skiresort.de has awarded ski resort Katschberg with the title “world-leading ski resort with up to 80 km of slopes”.
The test report gave the ski resort top scores in the categories snow reliability, slope preparation, mountain restaurants, ski huts, gastronomy as well as accommodations right at the slopes and lifts – among them of course our DAS ALPENHAUS KATSCHBERG.1640!
These are the highlights of the current test results:
- Slope offering, variety of runs: Katschberg ski resorts offers slopes of all difficulty levels. While intermediate slopes make up the majority of the slopes, you will also find a variety of practice slopes, wide carving slopes as well as a challenging black Direttissima run.
- Snow reliability: Katschberghöhe is located above 1600 m elevation and all slopes are equipped with the most modern snow-making devices. The reservoir on Aineck mountain at 2200 m elevation ensures snow production for the base on Katschberg and Aineck.
- Gastronomy and huts: There are rustic and cozy restaurants distributed throughout the entire ski resort. The quality is usually very high.
- 70 km of fabulous prepared pistes of all difficulties
- 16 lifts employing the latest in lift technology, with a capacity of 28,500 guests per hour; you want to ski, not stand around in lift queues
- Snow guarantee thanks to 700 snowmaking machines. 100% of the pistes have snowmaking facilities.
(Hinweis zur Schneesicherheit)
An overview of all pistes in Katschberg using the interactive piste map
The interactive piste map enables you to see which pistes and lifts are currently open, and also gives you up to date information about the infrastructure. Take a look at how things are at the moment.
Lift pass prices and opening times
Here you will find the current prices for ski passes as well as the Katschberg lift operating times, night skiing information, what’s available for the children, and everything else about skiing in Katschberg.
Straight from the pistes into wellness pleasure
After enjoying a full ski day in the Katschberg-Aineck ski area, head off directly to the aparthotel and enjoy relaxing in the Alpen.Veda.Spa, the Alpenhaus Katschberg.1640 wellness and spa area offering you pure rest and relaxation with its saunas and pool.